Hello To Celebrate Everything Fans and Happy Monday to you!
- My Hometown: Brenham, Bluebonnets, and Blue Bell…not a bad moto to live by. I mean honestly, what more could a girl ask for? While I love the city, there is truly nothing quite like a quiet day in the country. It’s here that I learned working hard pays off and the only thing you get is what you earn in life. I’m proud of my small town roots and you know what they say, “there’s no place like home!”.
- Love at First Sight: Believe it or not, I met my life partner at the young age of 17. I know…you’re expecting me to lay out the fairy tale story of how it all played out. The truth is the timing never seemed to work out just right at such a young age, but as he always does, the good Lord made sure our paths crossed again during our college years (Gig’em!). And I thank God everyday for that! Cody and I will be celebrating two years of wedded bliss in August! A big CHEERS to that!
- Voted “Best Dressed” of BHS: I guess I should’ve started my journey as a fashion blogger back in 2006! I’ve always had an obsession with clothes, jewelry, and simply style. Here’s a shout out to Abercrombie and Fitch, Gap, and Coach for getting me through my high school years.
- Life Outside of Texas: 771 miles, 12 hours, and 3 states later I felt like a fish out of water. What on earth have I gotten myself into? I love Texas! For anyone who has moved out of state for the first time away from everything you’ve ever known, you know the feeling that quickly set in. It doesn’t take long for the excitement and anxiousness of something new, to quickly get overcome with restless feelings of uncertainty and the reality of such a life altering change. Yet, looking back it makes the short list of top things we’ve ever done. Our stay in Kansas City lasted about a year and a half and taught us so much about ourselves and each other. If you’ve never moved away, do it! Even if it’s for just a little while, you’re outlook on life will forever be changed.
- A Change of Heart: Speaking of changes…I’ll be the first to admit I’ve never been much of a pet person. So, as you can imagine when Cody came home with the grand idea to get a puppy, I was less than impressed. As if that wasn’t enough, when I learned the price tag of this new puppy all I could think about was how many purses, shoes, and tops I could get for the same amount of money. Clearly fashion seemed like the better spend. Yet, about a week later we have the cutest (not so mini) mini schnauzer running around our house. Even I couldn’t deny how adorable he was. However, the puppy stage seemed to last forever and my tolerance was basically non existent. Cody kept reassuring me everything was going to be alright and I had no choice but to hope he was right. I’m proud to say Lincoln Gray has forever changed my heart and he’s now the first to greet me at the door, cuddles me when dad’s away, and makes sure there’s never a dull moment around our house. I couldn’t imagine life without him!
- Somewhere on a Beach: I also couldn’t image life without beaches. I love to travel…I mean honestly, who doesn’t?? The world is full of amazing places, but for me, anywhere with a beach takes it to a whole new level. Some prefer snow, mountains, or architecture…give me the sun, sand, and a drink in my hand and I’m perfectly content. For those beach lovers like myself looking for a relaxing get away, check out my Cabo San Lucas post and you won’t be disappointed. It hardly compares to the hustle and bustle of city tourism or the chaos of the subway station.
- The BIG Apple: While we’re on the topic, I learned a thing or two about subways not so long ago. Any New Yorkers or those who’ve ever been will probably find this humorous as have most of my friends and family, but I can promise you there was no humor going through my mind at the time. My hubby finally agreed that we could go on a December trip to New York (which I highly recommend!). The city, the sites, and our time there was terrific. We made our way all throughout Manhattan taking it all in and living out the experience of traveling by subway. For the most part, this was actually pretty cool…all the way up until the point in which we headed down the tunnel in a hurry to catch a downtown train and my hubby made it in the doors just as they were closing. The only problem was, I didn’t…so there we stand pale as a ghost looking through the glass train door as it departs down rail with him on it and me left at the station. To make matters worse, he has the map, the money, and absolutely no cell service. I reached a whole new level of fear! I frantically tried to remember which stop he said we were headed to next and had no choice but to wait on the next train and hope we’d somehow end up at the same place. Needless to say, what felt like hours later and with the helpful advice from a stranger we were having drinks in Little Italy and laughing at my “lost in New York” story.
- “Clean Freak”: I have my neighbor to thank for inheriting this nickname. Unfortunately, I think the real person to thank is my mother, but nonetheless our neighbors think I’m over here cleaning by the minute. I might be borderline OCD when it comes to tidiness, but hey things can never be too straight, clean, or in order. Who doesn’t like to come home to a clean and orderly home?!
- Life in the Corporate World: NOT! We’re definitely not speaking corporate over here, my husband and I agreed that he’s bringing home the bacon (I mean the BEEF)! Sidenote: He works for Nolan Ryan Beef, like what I did there? For me, I’d be perfectly content fulfilling my dream of owning and operating my own boutique or event planning business for those who are ready to celebrate everything. I’ll take fashion and fun any day over the stress and pressures of the corporate world!
- Spontaneous Thoughts: Or as I like to think of it, food for thought. It’s crossed my mind more than once at how much fun it would be to spend time being a barista or wine sommelier! Yep, I just went there! But seriously… coffee and wine what else do you need in life? Speaking of wine, wouldn’t it be grand if Target or Nordstorm served wine by the glass as you shopped? Yeah.. now I have you wondering and wanting!
As always, thank you for stopping by and reading! Be sure to stop back by later this week to check out more of my current favorites!
Enjoy your week, everyone!