With Valentine’s Day being a week out (ladies, keep dropping hints to your special guy), I wanted to share a couple of date (night or day) options for the upcoming festivities that do not include going out to dinner! Seriously, we love dinner and a movie as much as every couple but every now and then you need something a little more exciting. And if you’re anything like us, you’re constantly at a loss for new and interesting date ideas, so here are 10 ideas that every couple can enjoy no matter the budget!
1. Take a weekend trip to somewhere nearby – You want to get away, but you don’t have time or the budget for a huge vacation. Pick a B&B in a town nearby! Research all the cool niches the town has to offer. Be sure to check out the restaurants, shopping and history the city has to offer!
2. Explore a winery – While wineries are all about wine, they do offer many activities as well. Explore their hiking trails, picnic areas or even pools turning a vineyard into an all-day destination. See if there’s one in your city too! In some areas, urban wineries are becoming almost as common as local breweries.
3. Have brunch – Friday and Saturday evening dinners can be crowded. Spend a free Saturday at brunch (or just have it at home for two)! You can never go wrong with eggs and mimosas! Oh, and bacon!
4. Finesse your home bar – Ok, you have some mix-ins and the staple booze, but you don’t have all the things your favorite bar has! Stock up and learn how to make drinks yourselves and every night can be a night at the cocktail bar!
5. Spend the night by the fire – Start a fire, open a bottle of wine, turn off the lights and have your partner close by! This is by far the easiest and one of my favorite date night ideas!
6. Venture into the kitchen – Spend the evening cooking your favorite recipe together! One of my favorites to try is homemade pizza! Add a romantic touch by setting the table using your finest dinnerware and splurging on a nice bottle of wine!
7. Head to the spa – If your guy is like my hubs, they only think spas are for women. When a male spa visit is done right, a visit can be the best way to unwind. Ask for side by side facials, body treatments or massages. To make the most of your visit, look for a spa that has complimentary amenities like a dry sauna or mineral pool! Better yet, ask for a day pass, you can thank me later!
8. Take the scenic route – Whether you are on foot on in the car, the scenic route always seems more pleasant! Try walking to your favorite restaurant if you’re in the city. At the beach? Walk along the ocean hand in hand in deep conversation. Need a Sunday afternoon drive? Take the scenic route to enjoy the rolling hills full of the prettiest wildflowers and nature!
9. Drive in movie theater – Anyone who’s ever been to a drive-in knows how fun it is to go out for a movie but still have your own private space. Whether you have or have not, pack up the car with blankets and make it authentic with popcorn and movie candy like Sour Patch Kids, Hot Tamales, and Milk Duds. Don’t forget the soda pop or wine!
10. A bike ride for two – Most big cities have bike rental websites online, including tandem bikes, that have affordable hourly rates. Yes, while a bike ride for two might seem difficult/cheesy, if both of you are first-timers it could be a genuine and funny bonding moment to look back on.Number 1, 2, 5 and 10 are my favorites! What are your favorites? I would love to hear how you are spending Valentine’s Day or an upcoming date night! Fingers crossed the hubs reads this post and gets a couple new ideas!
For Valentine’s Day I knew I wanted a fun and romantic dress LBD! I looked no further than Francescas! One hot trend from last year that is still strong this year is OTS (off the shoulder) tops and dress! My latest favorite trend is all things lace! THIS OTS LBD gives me all the heart eyes, y’all! Seriously, how adorable, romantic and trendy is it?!?! Now, I’m hoping the hubs has a hot dat planned for us!Have a great day, everyone!