Hi Friends and happy Wednesday!
If you’re like me, you are still riding the struggle bus from daylight savings time! As I write this post, I just finished cup number two of coffee and I’m secretly wishing it was okay to drink another! Maybe by Friday we will all be adjusted to this new time. One thing I do appreciate from this time change is the amount of light in the evenings. Whether you are out and about on an evening walk or bike ride or you’re grilling out back with your family, the extra hours of sunlight is good for the soul!
Since we are in full spring mode, the grass is starting to green and all the pretty flowers are blooming I wanted to share my spring bucket list! I love this time of year because it’s not TOO HOT just yet so it’s manageable to be out and about before the Texas summer sneaks up on us!
1. Have a champagne picnic – If the hubs isn’t up for this, I’m getting all my girlfriends together! Bring on the mimosas, cute picnic baskets and belly laughs on a Saturday morning! Find your favorite park, or just set up in your own backyard for all your friends to enjoy!
2. Take a spontaneous trip – Pack your favorite weekender bag and hit the road! I’m thinking somewhere like Fredericksburg for a little Texas wine tasting sounds perfect!
3. Spring clean the closet – Spring cleaning anyone? I usually do this every season. I was so happy to switch out my booties for all my summer sandals last week! A pretty pink pedicure was also necessary :).
4. Visit a farmer’s market – You can’t beat fresh produce! For those of you still sticking to your new year’s resolutions, this route is perfect for you!
5. Run a 5k – You can do it! 3.106 miles! Register for a fun race that includes wine, beer or ice cream at the end!
6. Attend opening day of baseball season – How about them Astros? I’m ready for another great season, filled with hotdogs and popcorn at the ballpark with the family!
7. Spend the day at Hamilton Pool – located here in Austin and known as is one of the best swimming holes in Texas. It’s a great place to picnic, swim, and spend some time on a hot Texas spring/summer day! Sounds like a winner!
8. Attend an outdoor concert – What’s better than spending the evening listening to your favorite band with your hubs by your side?
9. Find a new bike trail – The hubs and I recently bought bikes! In the evenings we’ve been riding through the neighborhood and now we’re looking for new trails in the area! All my Austin peeps, do you have any favorite trials around the city? I’d love to hear them :).
10. Enjoy brunch on a patio in Austin – Spring means patio weather and who doesn’t love brunch? I’m thinking this weekend is calling for a patio brunch! Cheers!
If you have a spring bucket list, I’d love to hear about it! I’m always looking for new and exciting things to do! I’m all about the outdoors during the spring and summer! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!
Photos: Dakota & Co.