Happy Friday!! Is it just me or do holiday weeks always seem like the longest and busiest? They always sound great until you try cramming 5 days of work into 4. Yeah, about that! Today, I’m here hoping to make your life a little easier by sharing 20 life hacks to make life easier! Anything we can do to save some time here and there or make life easier in anyway is always welcome. So I’ve compiled a collection of sanity savers that belong in everyone’s life. I’m positive you will find many of these tricks and tips helpful!
20 Life Hacks that Make Life Easier
1. When traveling, keep a bar of scented soap in the same compartment as your dirty laundry. It will keep your clothes smelling clean.
2. Dry your hair with a T-Shirt instead of a towel for less frizz and breakage.
3. To remove a stem from a strawberry, use a straw.
4. When you’re running low on liquid foundation, put it next to your blow dryer for 15 seconds. This allows the foundation to melt and come out of the bottle more easily.
5. Place a wooden spoon across a boiling pot of water to keep it from boiling over.
6. The next time you are boiling eggs, add one teaspoon of baking soda. The shell will come off effortlessly.
7. Use an oven mitt to store hot curling irons or hair straighteners.
8. Leftover pizza? Place a small cup of water in the microwave with your pizza while heating to keep the crust from getting chewy.
9. Dryer sheets can eliminate deodorant marks on clothing.
10. If you loathe breaking in shoes. Just take a thick pair of socks, wear shoes, and then use a hair dryer to blow on the tightest corners.
11. If you’re moving soon, stuff your glass drinkware in clean socks to prevent them from shattering during the move.
12. Use frozen grapes to chill your favorite white wine.
13. Switch your phone to airplane mode to charge it faster.
14. Red wine stains can be neutralized by white wine. Strange and messy, but true.
15. Use baby powder to help untangle jewelry chains. Sprinkle powder on the knot and pull apart with a pin.
16. Chew gum while cutting onions and be tear free.
17. Traveling and need and iron? Use your straightener and/or hair dryer to get rid of wrinkles.
18. Paint your keys with nail polish so you remember which one opens which door.
19. Chilling cookie dough for as little as 30 minutes can bring out the color and flavor in your batches.
20. Grocery shop after a meal; you’ll spend less money!
Whew! If you’re like me, you are already feeling better about life! I’d love to hear if you’ve heard of any of these before! Or better yet, have you tried them? I’m all about saving time and making life as simple as possible!
Photography – Dakota & Co.