You guessed it! Fajitas and Margaritas are not the only thing we will be indulging in on Saturday! This year we are going all out with a few Cinco de Mayo favorites and you can bet we’ll be adding guac to everything! But, can you blame us?
Is there a better appetizer/topping out there than FRESH guacamole with a side of tortilla chips? And is there anyone out there who doesn’t love guacamole and want to devour the entire serving themselves right upon making it? It’s healthy, it’s a crowd pleaser and it’s really versatile! Serve with tortilla chips, on salads and burritos, on burgers, or with tacos and quesadillas. It’s really THAT good!
Lucky you, I’ve included the BEST and EASIEST Guacamole recipe below! It’s Thursday and of course I’m already looking forward to the weekend! Come on Saturday and a little family fun Cinco de Mayo style! Cheers to an early weekend!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 2 Ripe Avocados seeded, diced and scooped from peel
- 1 Jalapeno deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 Juice from Lime
- 1 Roma Tomato chopped finely
- 1/2 Purple Onion chopped finely
- Pinch of Kosher Salt to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper to taste
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out of the shell into a mixing bowl disposing of the seed and shell.
- Chop the tomato, purple onion, and jalapeño finely and combine in the mixing bowl. Depending on your preference and tolerance to spice, you can choose to deseed some or all of the jalapeño seeds.
- Cut the lime into quarters and squeeze two of the quarters into the mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of Kosher salt and black pepper to your liking and you're ready to start mixing. Continue to mix until you reach a desired consistency.
- Squeeze and stir in the last two quarters of the lime and add fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or alongside Mexican entrees and enjoy!
Nostalgia Diaries says
The thought of making homemade guacamole always seems to daunting to me, but this looks pretty easy. Yum!
It is so simple and good! Try it soon, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by!
Natalie Aubele says
I am just over here DROOLING at these photos ! I love guacamole but have actually never made it myself ! Might have to try this one 🙂
Natalie, thank you! You should try it soon, it’s so simple and GOOD! Enjoy 🙂
Samantha Kuzyk-Raising Twincesses says
I am such a sucker for Guacamole but I’ve never tried making it before! Pinning for later and definitely going to try your recipe out!!!
Samantha, let me know your thoughts! I love it 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!
Dawn P Darnell says
Yum! This guacamole looks delicious! I need to try it!
Dawn, it’s definitely my favorite! You should give it a try soon! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
This SO made me want some Guac! 🙂
You should try it, it’s so good and simple! Thanks for stopping by!
Justine Y @ Little Dove says
I love guacamole and this sounds delicious with the purple onion and the jalapeno!! Gorgeous pictures too.
Justine, THANK YOU! The purple onion, jalapeno and fresh lime juice definitely do the trick! Enjoy!
Yum this looks so good! Definitely something I need to try!
Thank you! It’s so easy, definitely try it soon!
You’re making me want some right now!! This looks DELICIOUS
Thank you! It’s so good and easy to make! 🙂
I am aaaallll about that guacamole life and this recipe looks so good!! Give me all the guac 😉
Kristeena, thank you! I’m a sucker for guac too, it’s so good! Thanks for stopping by!