Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Last weekend I brunched with my favorite Austin blogger babes for Galentine’s Day! It was literally the BEST time, filled with laughs, pretty tablescapes, oh and a little champagne! Thank you to Kara over at Style Meet Soiree for hosting! I can’t wait to brunch again soon! In honor of Valentine’s Day today, I wanted to chat about some easy ways to celebrate! For those of you who do not have plans just yet, or if you are celebrating this weekend this post is for you! Or perhaps, you are looking for the perfect and sweet way to surprise your special someone, keep reading!
- Make a Fancy Dinner at Home – Go for it, search Pinterest for hours to find the richest Italian dinner for the two of you! Turn on your favorite tunes and enjoy the best date night in! Don’t forget to grab your favorite bottle of wine while out shopping for the groceries! Oh, and is it just me or are the chocolate covered strawberries just so dang good this time of the year?!
- Go Wine Tasting – Or if you don’t want to go somewhere fancy for a wine tasting, you can even do it at home. Head to your favorite wine store and buy three to six different bottles of wine to taste together! While you are there pick up an assortment of meat and cheese and enjoy! Nothing better than bringing the winery home!
- Grab your Favorite Takeout and Bring it Home – I’m all about beating crowds! This idea is the best of both worlds, eating your favorite food in the comfort of your own home (in pjs, y’all)! Here’s a tip, make sure you ask for plastic utensils so cleanup is minimal too!
- Host a Game Night For Two – Get out your favorite board games for a friendly night of competition. Our current favorite is Ticket To Ride. Side note: it pairs well with your favorite glass of wine!
- Take a Cooking Class Together – They say cooking is a way to the heart, right? This is on my list to do! So for those of you who can’t do #1 this year. Take a class to ensure you can next Valentine’s Day!
I’m anxiously awaiting 5pm today! The hubs and I are staying in and cooking what we hope will be a yummy dish! Of course dessert is included :). Hoping he’s up for opening one of our favorite wines from Napa as well! Have a great evening everyone!
Photos: Alicia Cook